- November 7, 2017
- 6:00 pm
- Manitowish Waters Airport Terminal Building
MANITOWISH WATERS PLANNING COMMISSION PUBLIC HEARING
Subject of the Hearing:
AMENDMENTS to ARTICLE IX of the GENERAL ZONING ORDINANCE
Hearing Date: November 7, 2017 at 6:00 P.M.
MANITOWISH WATERS COMMUNITY CENTER
Class 2 Notice required by Wis. Stats. 62.23(7) (d) is hereby given by the Manitowish Waters Planning Commission that there will be a Public Hearing at 6:00 P.M. at the Manitowish Waters Community Center on November 7, 2017.
The purpose of the Public Hearing is to receive public input upon proposed amendments to Article IX, Subdivision Control and Approval Procedures, of the General Zoning Ordinance. The proposed amendments are (new language in bold italic text):
9.1 Manitowish Waters hereby adopts by reference Vilas County Subdivision Control Ordinance #81.
A. Proposed subdivision plats of one or more lots shall be submitted as a Certified Survey Map, or a series of Certified Survey Maps, per the provision of Chapter 236 of the Wisconsin Statutes to the Manitowish Waters Zoning Administrator for review and compliance with the Manitowish Waters Zoning Ordinance for minimum lot size requirements, with the current fee, and then presented to the Manitowish Waters Planning Commission for approval. The subdivision shall further incorporate the requirements of 2 (A), (B), (C), and (D), and is subject to approval by Vilas County Zoning authorities.
9.2 Additional Requirements
A. A subdivider or his agent shall provide deed restrictions in zoning district 1, 2, 3, and 4, and 5 which shall include:
- No autos, trucks, machinery or vehicles of any type shall be stored on any lot unless in operable condition and/or in current license. This subsection does not apply to Districts 3 and 4.
- The exterior of all buildings shall be completed within one year from start of construction. “Exterior” to include siding, windows, roof and trim, painting or staining, stairs, walks, and yard clean up. Excavation and/or cutting of timber is the start of construction.
- No animals, livestock or poultry of any kind shall be kept or maintained for breeding, sale, boarding or veterinary purposes whatsoever, with the exceptions of the Hobby Farm provisions of the Ordinance, and that Kennels are allowed in Districts 3 and 5 as a Conditional Use.
- All single family residential units constructed on these lots shall comply with Manitowish Waters Ordinances and shall contain a minimum livable floor area that meets the requirements of 4.1(B)(1.) of the Manitowish Waters Zoning Ordinance.
B. Keyhole access
- Definition: Keyhole access means the division of any off-water parcel of land into two or more lots, with each such lot having either an easement over, or a deeded interest in a water-front parcel of land so as to allow the owners of such off-water lot access to the body of water upon which the water front lot borders.
- Keyhole access so defined is prohibited in all districts.
C. Lot Divisions
- A conforming lot may not be subdivided into a non-conforming lot.
- Two non-conforming lots may be joined to create a conforming lot or larger non-conforming lot, and shall be submitted as a Certified Survey Map per the provision of Chapter 236 of the Wisconsin Statutes to the Manitowish Waters Zoning Administrator for review and compliance with the Manitowish Waters Zoning Ordinance for minimum lot size requirements, with the current fee, and then presented to the Manitowish Waters Planning Commission for approval.
- Any proposed changes in lot lines between existing conforming or non-conforming lots shall be submitted as Certified Survey Maps per the provision of Chapter 236 of the Wisconsin Statutes to the Manitowish Waters Zoning Administrator for review and compliance with the Manitowish Waters Zoning Ordinance for minimum lot size requirements, with the current fee, and then presented to the Manitowish Waters Planning Commission for approval.
- Any existing structures on a newly subdivided lot are subject to existing setback requirements.
- Roadways developed as part of a subdivision intended to be dedicated as Town Roads shall have a width of 66 feet and be constructed in accordance with the Town of Manitowish Waters standards prior to subdivision final plat approval.
- Roadways developed as part of a subdivision intended to remain as private roadways, and serving more than two lots, shall have a minimum width of 33 feet with a minimum road surface of 20 feet. All roadways shall be constructed prior to subdivision final plat approval.
9.3 Violations, Penalties, and Appeals
A. Any violation of this Ordinance not corrected on the written order of the Zoning Administrator within 30 days, shall be referred to the Planning Commission, who shall determine further action to be taken.
B. The violation of any condition attached by the Zoning Administrator or Planning Commission to a land division shall constitute a violation of this Ordinance.
C. Penalties: Any person, firm, or corporation, including those working for others, who violates any provision of this Ordinance shall be subject to a forfeiture of $100.00 for the first violation and $250.00 each for every subsequent violation, plus the costs of prosecution. Each day a violation exists shall constitute a distinct and separate violation of this ordinance.
D. Variances and Appeals: An appeal from the decisions of the Zoning Administrator and/or Planning Commission in regard to this Article may be taken to the Board of Appeals, as per the provisions of Article XI of the Manitowish Waters Zoning Ordinance, by the applicant for the land division, applicant’s agent, or any aggrieved party.
Written comments will be accepted until November 7, 2017 to just prior to the public hearing. You may email comments to: email@example.com.
If you have special needs or require special accommodations, please call the MW Zoning Dept. at (715)543-2855.
This Public Notice is dated this 27th day of September, 2017.
by: Manitowish Waters Planning Commission
Vincent Hoehn, Secretary